Saturday, July 01, 2017

Happy Canada Day

Happy Canada Day
It was a warm one yesterday with a high of 36C or 96F. Not to 100F yet but I am sure we will see it that hot this summer.
With the heat, we stayed in the house and kept cool. Some of the things I did was to
  • sew on the doll's ball gown. I also spent as much time un-sewing.
  • Search on Google
The ball gown is coming along but I need to make sure it fits. That may mean un-sewing two front princess seams.
Google searching was much more productive. I really had a blast doing it off and on during the day.
One of the things I look for is Canadian designers. As you know from a previous post, I found esheep designs. The author of the blog lives in Edmonton, Alberta and does some neat designing and customizing of patterns.
Since finding her, a customer told me about another Canadian designer who not only designs but sells bag hardware. Emmaline Designs is full of wonderful ideas. Her shop is fabulous. She has oblong grommets that I love, wire frames for a bag pattern she offers for free. The owner of this site also lives near Edmonton, Alberta (Spruce Grove). (Thank you for the correction, Rochelle). The customer who told me about her, commented that she ships promptly. My heart sings when I find Canadian sites. I know they are out there but they can be hard to find.  
I work the Canada Day weekend which is fine with me.
Until the next time......................

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann - Spruce Grove is actually just outside Edmonton, not Calgary. (There's that "healthy" competition between Edmonton and Calgary, so I thought I'd clear that up!!) But you're absolutely right, Janelle at Emmaline has a fabulous shop with everything that you ever needed to make your bag projects shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful site! Yet again, Ann, you have pointed me to such interesting new ideas with which to play. Thank you. Hoping your Canada Day was joyous and eventful. Happy 150th!

    ReplyDelete