Friday, February 09, 2018

Dismal Lighting Makes For a Huge Challenge

It grew cooler all day yesterday and then it snowed. 
Enough said when others have several feet of snow to contend with. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law took us up to Coldbrook and we went through the used book store. The Spousal Unit bought a bag full. We headed back to New Minas to do some shopping and then had lunch at the Port Pub. It is a 3 minute drive across the Avon River. The food was good and we watched the tide go out. 
I have to go back to Wolfville next week to pick up the yarn swift so we will have a day out and about then. 

Sewing

In the afternoon, I spent 30 minutes sewing Kate's leggings. I read the pattern instructions and thought a person would never sew doll clothes if they followed these instructions. I went to the flat construction method and they are so easy to make. 
The leggings fit perfectly. The top is from the Halloween costume I made in 2016. It is too big but I was still learning about sewing for dolls. 
Now the dolls each have a pair of leggings and there is enough fabric left to make one more before I change the thread on the sewing machine. 
I am thinking about the next project and am waffling between napkins and soup bowl warmers and a bag. I have everything for both of them. I am refraining from doing a project where I have to buy fabric to complete it. 

Knitting

I struggled but finally got the gusset stitches picked up on Grandson's socks. The lighting was so dismal that it was a huge challenge. Now I can start on that part of the sock. I didn't work on them in the evening as I hit the brick wall of tiredness. 

Today

We are heading out to help paint the trim. When done, we have to go to the library to pick up my books, get a broom for sweeping snow, and then make supper. I hope to knit tonight and, maybe, get the last pair of leggings cut out. It all depends on how much time we have. 
Until the next time..............

1 comment:

  1. Awww I love Eeyore! He's my favourite character.

    ReplyDelete