Saturday, February 03, 2018

Keeping Busy On A Cold Day

The weather has, once again turned cool with the wind chill factor making it cold. It turned warm on Thursday afternoon and was nice yesterday. It will be warm again in a couple of days. 

Lifestyle

I shoveled snow off the driveway Thursday morning. The hardest job was chipping the compact snow around the car. I threw salt around the car so it would start to melt. 
At noon Grandson arrived for a couple of hours. He and the Spousal Unit went out to the back deck to discuss clearing it off. 
 I was told that these two wouldn't get much done. 
But, Grandson got the stairs and a pathway to the back door cleared. Then Grandson could play with his friend. It was beautiful and warm outside. 
While the boys played, the Spousal Unit and I cleared the driveway of slush. It is pretty clean and has no ice on it. It was fun to be outside shoveling slush. 
Yesterday, we went to the library and while the Spousal Unit looked for books, I joined the ladies in the Fibre Op room. They do knitting, crocheting, and hand sewing. A lovely group of ladies and I had a good time. 

Sewing

The knitting bag is finished and has been pressed. It is ready to go to its owner; Daughter-in-law. 
I hauled out the adult bibs I want to make and donate to a nursing home. I am ashamed to say that I started these Nov. 2016. Three got done so I am focusing on finishing the 5 remaining ones. One is done as of yesterday afternoon, and number 5/8 is ready to cut out. There is a lot of the lobster fabric left so my idea is to:

  • Make 2 15 Minute table runners
  • Napkins (8-12) 
  • Microwave soup bowls (8-12)
The fabric is really nice and I am sure they can be sold at a craft bazaar. 
Prior to the above happening, I have to draft a pattern for slacks for the dolls. I want to make them each a pair of black wool slacks. 
The log cabin Santa ornament is talking to me but I have no pink/peach plain fabric for the face. I plan on getting some later on to make these cute ornaments as I also need to get some ribbon for Anna's capes. I need to have a bit longer list of items I need to finish projects. 

Knitting

Grandson's socks have 75 rows knit on both the legs and I am ready to knit the heel flaps. I now need to get out my information on how to set up the socks to do that. I use Lucy Neatby's class for socks on Craftsy. A valuable class for when I knit socks. 
At Fibre Op, I worked on a cotton dishcloth. The pattern was easy but I kept reading it wrong. I ended up ripping it out and starting again. I will knit on it Thursday so I have the pattern in my head for Friday. The book I got it from has 10 patterns for dishcloths so I will work my way through the book. 

Jewelry

I hope to pull out the items needed to make a couple of doll necklaces. If I put them together I will take an hour to get them done this weekend. 

Today

No big plans to go out. Housework, laundry, sewing and knitting will fill the day. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment