Monday, April 09, 2018

Bullet Journal Pages Done

Yesterday the weather was quite mild in the morning. It felt like spring. By 5 p.m., it had started to snow and turned cold. At 11 p.m., the wind was blowing. The temperature this morning is -3C or 26F with a wind chill of -8C or 18F. They sky is clear and it is to be sunny and cool today. 

Lifestyle

I worked on the bullet journal yesterday morning and afternoon. I had to look up ideas I wanted for the journal as I wanted to make some changes. 
I like to look at the month as a whole. I start off putting in birthdays, appointments and holidays. As we see things happening (flowers coming up or snow storms in April) I will add them onto the monthly calendar. It gives us a record of the month. If I was to make it really a piece of history, I'd do the high and low. We will see. 
I changed the weekly part of the journal. The daily box is smaller as I only want to put down one or two quick items in it. For example we had dinner out on Sunday night and Fibre Op is on Friday. 
Tasks allows me to figure out what I want to do or have done during the week. I have 4 areas and that will be all I will focus on for now. Shopping is my weekly list and the space beside that is for post-it notes. The one I have put in is to remind myself if I want to take part in Deb's knitting challenge. The next one is to remind myself that I will be knitting socks a new way for Daughter. 
One thing I can do is add post it notes for shopping for items like plants, soil, home, etc. I can tape them into the center of the two pages. It is a record to remind us of what we bought each year. I have to say, I am liking what I have done -- simple and easy to build and fill in. 

Sewing

I did not sew yesterday as we chose to go for a drive in the morning and then I did the bullet journal. Sunday may become a day when the sewing studio is closed. 
I am planning on sewing for myself. I have a pattern out to start making a t-shirt. I have an old t-shirt that fits well and between the pattern and the t-shirt I hope to get a TNT pattern that I can adjust as I loose weight. It is to be done either later this month or in May. 

Knitting

As bullet journaling took up housework and sewing time, I had a bit of time to look at Pinterest. Up came the Super Sock Calculator when I was looking at how many inches/cm feet are to fit shoe sizes. I was quite excited and asked Daughter for her measurements as she gets the next socks I knit. I plugged in her measurements and will be making her winter socks out of worsted wool. 
I then clicked onto the link to watch the videos and what a lot of information in the four videos. How to Use the Super Chart Calculator. I will post the links under the Knitting tab for easy referral. I am going to measure Anna's feet and see if I can knit her a pair of socks. That would be really cool. 
I knit on grandson's socks yesterday afternoon and evening. Sock #2 is ready to have the toe grafted. Sock #1 needs 10 rows left on the foot knit and then the toe. They will be complete by mid week. 

Today

We have nothing planned so I will continue spring cleaning the kitchen, sew and knit. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment